The TrailBlazer Challenge 5K run will follow an in-and-out course along gravel and dirt roads, beginning and ending at the Big South Fork Airpark Stables.
• Start time: 8 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017.
• Aid stations: Located at points 1.5 miles and 3.1 miles
• Course closes: 12 p.m.
• Registration fee: $20. All runners who pre-register receive a TrailBlazer Triple Challenge shirt and gift bag. Day of race registration is available, shirts and gift bag available while supplies last. Mail-in and online entries must be received no later than Oct. 21, 2016 to guarantee an event shirt and gift bag. Runners can register for all three races for $80 (save $10). Register now.
• Results: Race results will be posted on trailblazerchallenge.com.
• Awards: Top 3 overall male and female. Top 3 male and female in each age division. Overall winners are not eligible for age division awards. Age divisions are grouped in 5-year increments starting with 19 and under.
• Course etiquette: We reserve the right to disqualify anyone who exhibits unsportsmanlike conduct or is abusive to volunteers. Due to insurance regulations, no bicycles, baby strollers, roller blades or pets will be permitted on the course.
• Safety: Aid and water stations will be provided. But in an effort to be greener, we recommend all runners carry their own water. If you don’t own a handheld water bottle, consider purchasing one. A basic water bottle will be provided in all runners’ gift bags the day of the race. We also strongly recommend that anyone sensitive to insect stings or bites carry their own medication. Finally, we urge that everyone do some pre-race training off-road, as there is no substitute for experience. We want you to have a good time.